Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Erika Toda!... Yuko Oshima... Nogizaka46!.... C-ute.... Masami Nagasawa!.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Few tidbits.... have no idea why the background color constantly changes, think Blogger keeps doing it.
New item on the right is the 'Featured Post of the Day', will be putting some fabulous oldie posts which some of you may have missed the first time around, all will be at least one year old.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Oh My Girl: Their intro post #1....

 If you're wondering if I've perhaps just lost it.....


.... you can stop your wondering, think I lost it over a decade ago! Hmmmm, perhaps this is my masochist side coming out but if it is it's much more enjoyable than you would have thought.

 Will be back to posting a bit more normally tomorrow but then again maybe not as I may do another post or two for them. Actually will have some of my regular posts tomorrow... C-ute and Nogi we'll be hearing from but as mentioned on occasion Wednesdays have turned into a kind of 'intro day' as there usually is very little new things to post about.


 But this is a huge change as it's my first ever K-Pop post here, don't worry about the theme changing here but they've kind of gotten my interest lately. Won't give too much of their history yet as there will be a few more of these 'intro posts' coming up for them soon but this is a group that hasn't been around too long. They formed at the beginning of 2015 and their first release came out last April.
 That release was an EP titled "Oh My Girl", they've had three more EP's since then and all have been successful as they've never been lower than #6 on the Gaon Music Charts. Their singles have been less successful and think that's because they were already on the EP's. Have only heard a few of their tunes but all sound fairly good, bit different than J-Pop but not as much as I thought it would be.


 You may ask what piqued my interest in them and of course that's a good question as there's been zero K-Pop posts up until now. For some reason I stumbled across their variety show "Oh My Girl Cast" which aired last Summer, it's subbed so just started watching it today. Post after this one has a recap of the first show along with many screenshots.
 The group consists of eight members, bit like a J-Pop group as they're not too old ranging in ages from 17 to 21. Have some pics to end this post off and will go in order from oldest to youngest, one difference is that unlike J-Poppers they're dressed so much more conservatively or at least this group does. After all the pics have one of their new songs which is "Liar Liar" off their new EP"Pink Ocean"

Hyojung





JinE





 Mimi





 YooA





 Seunghee





 Jiho





 Binnie





 Arin





No comments:

Post a Comment