Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Park Joo-Hee: An extremely overdue post....



 Here's someone who I truly like and haven't done a post for in eons. Not really my fault as there was zero new happenings for so long, that's still the case to an extent but do have some superb new event pics along with a few oldies. Usually my faves match most of you viewers save for when it comes to Korean actresses, some are slowly getting more popular as it seems more fans of Korean dramas are visiting here.
 To me Joo-Hee is out of this world which I bet 99% of the world wouldn't agree with. There's something so striking about her, perhaps her everyday looks? Whatever it is she looks so tremendous to me and it's been such a shame there hasn't been or ever will be many posts for her. Joo-Hee seems to be kind of a quiet woman but a very talented one as she's much more than an actress. She graduated from Konkuk University with a degree in Film, she's been the writer and director of some short films that have won some awards.


 Joo-Hee will be turning 32 on August 28th, seems these days she's been concentrating more on her acting career but went a long time between roles but is in a new drama. First thing I saw her in was "The Ghost Detective" series that aired last year, to me that was such an underrated show and was close to being my #1 drama for 2018. When she first came on the screen I did more than a double take looking at her, thought 'Wow, where's she been all this time?'. In the series Joo-Hee played the role of attorney Baek who could be ruthless but you definitely wanted her on your side.






 Not that many things for today but I really wanted to do a post so badly for Joo-Hee and had been saying that for months. Have her 2015 film "The Silenced" which I haven't viewed yet as I had forgotten about it. But will watch it and probably do a review for it, it's a horror film and one that appears to be so creepy.
 The following year Joo-Hee was in the film "If You Were Me" and had one of the two lead female roles. That's also a movie I think I'll be checking and it's kind of difficult finding the older ones that she wrote and/or directed. The film came out on June 9, 2016 and on May 30th there was a special preview for it at the Lotte Theater in Sogong-dong, Seoul.







 Joo-Hee's first major role in a drama was in the 2017 series "Tomorrow With You", haven't seen it but was checking it out and it does seem to be an interesting shows. These fabulous pics are from an interview she did for the drama with 'MPop-Hearald'.





 Joo-Hee's latest drama is titled "Watcher" and it began on July 6th. It airs on OCN and that network has had some mighty fine action and suspense shows over the years. Don't know if I'll recap the series but did watch the first two episodes which were quite good, been a while since I watched a series with hour long shows. In the drama Joo-Hee plays the character of Jo Soo-Yeon who works for the police department. Her character has gone undercover to expose some secrets in the Inspection Squad, still need to watch a few more shows to know more about her character but it is a somewhat big role.






 On July 2nd there was a press conference for the drama that was held a the Imperial Palace Hotel in Seoul. The show got decent ratings in it's first two weeks, OCN is a cable network which means it's not as viewed as the major stations. The main cast was in attendance and to me Joo-Hee just looked so adorable but then again also a bit classy, she's someone I've never seen dressed up elegantly.























No comments:

Post a Comment