Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Minami Hamabe: Few recent tidbits....



 Been on one of those streaks lately of having many posts for dramas and my fave actresses, prefer these stretches as to me those posts end up being more interesting ones than posts for Idols or gravure models. Minami has to be one of the more likable gals I try to post about often, as I've mentioned a few times she'll always be the youngest person I post about and as it's been turning out one of the busiest ones too. Not a massive post but have been trying not to hold on to things for too long and wouldn't surprise me if Minami has another post coming up very, very soon.


 Perhaps in her next post will have some sort of comparison pics as doesn't Minami look like she could be Miona's younger sister?


 Finally the "Kakegurui" movie that came out last year has some decent subs, have watched most of it and am planning on doing a review for it soon. I'm such a huge fan of the two seasons, especially the first one which was one of the top dramas of 2018. Of course there's a few intense gambling games in the film but it's much different than the drama as there's a few new characters and a cult group that's invaded the elite high school. Minami has the lead role once again as Yumeko who is such an addicted gambler, few screenshots from the film and will have many more coming up.









 Minami has the lead role in her next drama that begins on February 1st which is titled 'Alibi Cracking' or something along those lines. What a quirky series this appears to be and I like the fact she doesn't take fluffy roles but instead ones that are so odd and interesting. I am definitely going to check this series out and like so many it's based upon a manga.






 In the show her character's name is Tokino who runs a watch shop but is also a top notch detective though she's just twenty years old. Today Minami and her two co-stars attended an event to promote the drama at the Cosmo World in Yokohama. As you can see it's still Winter in Japan though unlike where I am there's no snow on the ground. The more I read about the series the more I can't wait to view it and hope there will be someone subbing the show.





















 Final item for today is this superb spread from the January 30th edition of Big Comic Spirits and she's often the cover girl for the mag. Most cover girls usually have a longish video from the photo shoot though Minami seldom does nor is there one for the above event. So after the pics have a promo video for the new drama and it really looks like such a fun and quirky show.
















No comments:

Post a Comment