Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Jo Bo-Ah: 2018 'SBS Drama Awards' show pics and video....



 Never make resolutions for the year as I'd probably fail at 100% of them. However will be working on some minor changes this year for posts as I'm going to try to have smaller ones like this. Not that's it's overly small as there's 25 terrific new pics but too often try to have every post a masterpiece and there's nothing wrong with posts like these as it'd mean so many more posts throughout the year. Even a post at 25 pics seems to blow away over 90% of the other blogs out there that I visit from time to time, just an observation as we're not in competition with each other. The ones you see listed under 'Blogs I Follow' are worth checking out plus a few others and need to update that section.


 Plus will be trying to do so many more posts for Korean actresses and dramas this year along with more film reviews. Do realize that the majority of viewers tend to favor J-Pop Idols over Korean actresses and there's zero wrong with that as I'm a huge Idol fan too. But over the past year or two much prefer posting about actresses and just wish there was more time to view all the dramas I'd like to see, also think the fan base for actresses has really grown the past six months.
 Bo-Ah is rapidly becoming a huge fave of mine and will try to do more posts for her this year. Up next for my K-drama viewing will be her 2015 thriller "Missing Noir: M", will be starting on that next week. First there's a very short mini Japanese series that will be watched first, should take no time as it's just a four episode drama and the shows are just 25 minutes each.
 And for you too few K-drama fans will have the last two recaps for the "Ghost Detective" series this weekend. Finally finished it and just began writing the first recap up, it may end up being my top drama for 2018. Need to see more Bo-Ah shows, her current drama is called "My Strange Hero" and kind of up in the air on whether to view it. Her 2014 drama "Surplus Princess" looks interesting, perhaps I should put that on my 'to watch' list?


 Guess if I knew when to shut up these posts would definitely be shorter. On December 25th Bo-Ah wasn't dressed like a Santa but instead a Queen as she was the co-host for the 2018 'SBS Drama Awards' show that was held the Gogureyo Sky Dome in Seoul. Like to see her be the host of more shows as very few women in the world can top her looks at events.
 But Bo-Ah is more than a host as she also took home a prize on December 30th at the 'MBC Awards Show' which was the 'Excellence Award' for a weekend drama, that show was "Goodbye to Goodbye". She's won three major awards for that drama so perhaps that should be the next one to view after the 'Missing' series. Plenty of fabulous pics for all fans to enjoy and do notice her posts up until now have been the most popular ones of any Korean actress.
 Total of 26 pics in all and the last five pics are from the MBC show. Oooops, put video in the title as I expected there to be many of them and to my surprise there's zero, would have thought the SBS or MBC YT channels would have had one. So instead have a CM from early 2018 that rates an A+ from Almond Breeze.

























4 comments:

  1. I'll never get tired of looking at her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, am looking forward to viewing her 'Missing' drama but have you seen her 2014 series "Surplus Princess"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only watched one episode. The drama got cut short due to low ratings and I've read that affected the ending in a bad way.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the update. Looked at the ratings and have never seen a series get less than 1.0% for every episode. Many of the comments about the show were positive up until the ending and that was because it was cut short.

    ReplyDelete