Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Haruna Iikubo: H!P Digital Books #160 scans plus DIY video....



 Finally have gotten around to doing the first solo post ever here for Haruna and though it was only been mentioned once she's someone who I really like and have been meaning to post about her. Don't know why I kept forgetting about her as she is one of my bigger J-Pop faves, idea came to me as I'm also currently doing a Morning Musume post and put that on hold for this one. Bit of a trivia fact is that Haruna has been a MM subleader longer than anyone in their long history as she's held that position now for 53 months.


 Haruna has been a MM member for a little over six years now and she's the group's oldest member. In a little over a week she'll be celebrating her 23rd birthday so that gives me a bit of time to work on some solo posts for her. Most of these H!P Digital Books consist of outtakes from a member's latest photobook and this set is no different.
 These are pics from the photo shoot for Haruna's first PB which came out in January and was titled "Haruiro". There's over ninety pics so lets get right to them, will have more bio info in those upcoming solo posts. Pics do start out kind of conservative but it really is one excellent set, perhaps my fave H!P one of the year.As a bonus have one older interesting item after all of these pics.

























































































 Haruna has been in one subgroup outside of Morning Musume which was called DIY. They only put out one single back in 2012 titled "Forefore ~ Forest for Rest~", that's such a shame as it's a really excellent tune. Naturally what really attracted me to the song was that Maimi and Saki are part of the quintet along with two Berryz members, never have done a post for them though Buono! may deserve one first. Have a video of their only single below which is of them performing it live at a 2012 Hello Project concert which featured all of their groups.





7 comments:

  1. Woahh it's been bloody years since I heard this song. So she was the one with the ponytail, never actually knew who she was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you'll be seeing more of her ponytail as I like her quite a bit, there are some pics at least in the Morning Musume posts. Am working on one now for the group but may put it on hold again as Mizuki has her b-day tomorrow/today.
    What's interesting about the DIY single is the flip side song. That tune was titled "Boys be Ambitious" by Green Fields and it featured a young Yuuka from Juice=Juice! It's the same song as DIY did but in a different manner, haven't found a video of it so don't know if there is one.
    WAIT! Triple checked and did find a video, the group also had another single in 2013....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0qnlJHcnOI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Ambitious. Ambitious is my middle name...Was gonna fanboy on Yuuka but then that got overshadowed once I saw Berryz Koubou's Saki in the first 10 secs or so haha. Cute song, good fit as I was chillin while listening to it. Skimmed through the pics again(It was like The Matrix, I saw the lady in the red dress then looked again) and as a screwed up looking orange 8-Ball, I would like to be on that pool table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While that song was called "Boys be Ambitious" Juice=Juice has a tune titled "Girls be Ambitious", wonder if there was supposed to be any connection?

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more Haruna tidbit which I had forgotten about and it's another JJ connection. Here's the link as she was also featured in a Tomoko post as the pair did a duet together.

    https://aitoda.blogspot.com/2017/07/juicejuice-tomoko-kanazawa-post-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah boyy there's a connection. There's a song out there that goes "GIRLS! BE! AM! BI! TIOUS!!" it was either girl or boy but that's all I can remember, that one line "GIRLS! BE! AM! BI! TIOUS!!". I figured one of them sung it but it's totally different. Now I'm lost....aaaand I found it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtAFKKxTQWE
    *sigh*...GIRLS! BE! AM! BI! TIOUS!! lalalala la la
    Ohhhhh the bakanekobakabaka song! If she had the ponytail then I would've recognised something. The ponytail really makes a difference

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't remember the post but "Girls be Ambitious" was in a singles series post, that's one of the group's top five songs and their most exciting one in concert.

    ReplyDelete