Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Monday, October 30, 2017

Morning Musume: 'The Singles series' #62- "Sexy Cat no Enzetsu"





 Bet for October have played more Morning Musume than any other J-Pop group and it's been eons since that happened. Their singles from the last five years or so have all been terrific and after a bit of a down slide they've made a nice comeback. But it's hard to beat their early singles from 2000-07 and really don't know if any J-Pop group can top those tunes. Won't be going back all the way to that era with this singles series as I just want to concentrate on the current lineup so will be going back to about 2013.
 The A-side "Sexy Cat no Enzetsu" is one of Morning Musume's best tunes from the past five years, perhaps their best and was looking forward to doing this post. Hope that those who haven't heard it will give it a listen or two, have that video at the bottom of the post. The one above is for another song off the single which is titled "Sou Janai" which is another sensational tune. There was one other song off the single which was "Mukidashi de Mukiatte", it really is an impressive single.
 Release date for the single was last November 23rd, it topped the Oricon charts selling close to 100,000 copies in it's first week. For 2016 and 2017 MM has only released two singles for each of those years. Up until then the group had never released less than three in their long history and quite often there were four singles in a year. Here's some of the covers for the single.






 Like the outfits the members were wearing in the top pic but no other pics with the same attire. The bottom pic though features some snazzy apparel and these are promo pics with those uniforms.


















 Before I forget today is October 30th which means Mizuki has turned 21!!!! Just did a post for her a few weeks ago so aren't enough new pics for another solo post. However will be starting my top twenty list very soon and she should make it again this year so hopefully there will be some new things for that post, honestly does any Idol these days top her looks?



 Also with a b-day approaching is Haruna who had her first solo post yesterday. Though there's been an unforgivable lack of posts here she is a huge fave of mine. What I'm thinking of doing is starting the top twenty list on November 7th which is birthday #23 which means she'll make this year's list.


 There are quite a few pics for today but seems as though it's going to be one of the smaller 'singles series' posts or at least it'll be one without as much variety. Don't know why but there weren't as many promo things for this single such as cards or mag spreads, perhaps because the single was released so close to X-Mas. But do have a pair of 2016 mag spreads but neither are for the single. Will have those after this pic which is one everyone has been wanting to see as it's a chart with all of the member's heights, Idols are usually so much shorter than the average Japanese woman.


 Easy to see who the tallest member, just a 15 cm difference between her and the shortest MM gal! Hello Project has some special mag issues that come out every year, they're not like AKB who have their own monthly mag. These here are from the H!P Summer edition but didn't see one for this year.









 One more mag spread came out in December though it wasn't to promote the single. It was a head to head match against their H!P mates ANGERME and I need to work on more posts for them. This was from a one off 'Gachi Kira' promo for a December 2016 fan club meeting featuring the two groups.























 Have finally made it to the end and that means it time for the "Sexy Cat no Enzetsu" PV. Live in concert the tune is more enjoyable but really like H!P videos as they're subbed in English. Hard to explain why I absolutely love this song but perhaps none are ever needed for liking a tune, kind of a different style for MM as it's not as upbeat but then again it is. 😐



4 comments:

  1. Bloody hell I thought I screwed up my headphones in the first 10 seconds of 'Sexy Cat'. Sure played the role of a cat right, little punk sometimes. But I would always prefer a sexy cat then a cute one.
    The first girl that pops up in 'Sou janai' with the slo-mo walk...Yuria Kizaki's lil' sis?? like...real sh*t? Seems this girl didn't really pop up much but my hawk eyes have caught on to the girl that appears at the 1:02 mark on one knee(the left girl). Hm, I guess the 1:09 mark is a better reference. Muah, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, she's just right there in the pics...underneath "snazzy apparel" with the group shot. Back row, far right 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. No posts for tonight or I'll bet for another day. Being Halloween watched two fright films and am currently doing a post for the second one. Been ages since I reviewed a film so decided a few oddball posts need to be done and the review is taking so long to write up. Korean horror films used to be so good but there was a long slump just like the ones from Japan. The film I'm writing about is "Don't Click" from 2012 and that turned out to be an eerie watch, couple other horror films will be reviewed soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good m8. Ahh Halloween...like I'm going to give up my candy. Horror movies are not my cup of tea but I have seen a bit and fairly enjoyed it, they're mostly Western ones tho. Not much of Asian Horror but you can kiss my ass if ya tell me to watch a horror movie!...I'll just read it👍. I see Park Bo-Young is one of the cast for 'Don't Click', saw her in 'A Werewolf Boy' last week. It's a romance film and it was pre-tty good IMO, left with a "I don't want to watch anything now" type of attitude. So I guess I'll catcha later, I still got candy so excusez-moi

    ReplyDelete