Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

40 Onna to 90 Nichi Kan de Kekkon suru Houhou


 Naoko Iijima has been my #1 current actress in Japan for quite a while now, surprised that I've done zero posts for her, that's gonna change quickly as there's a bunch of things that'll I'll be sharing of her soon.

 First up is her BeeTV web drama from 2009 40 Onna to 90 Nichi Kan de Kekkon suru Houhou, which translates into How to Marry a 40-Year-Old Woman in 90 Days. This is a keitai romantic comedy serial about an “around 40” beautician (Naoko Iijima) and the 23-year-old salaryman (Hayato Ichihara) who falls in love with her. Watched unsubbed so as usual missed too much but the story was easy enough to follow, what I wasn't sure of was why he fell for her, he had her picture on his computer before he met her, at first was it some sort of game or bet or something for work, that part I didn't quite get. He was quite a confident young business man and Naoko's character was not nearly as confident, couldn't understand why someone like him would want to date such an older woman but to his credit he never stopped his advances and like most of these kinds of shows it had an happy ending where they ended up getting married.

  

 This was not a drama that originally aired on TV but was such a success it did end up airing on Fuji TV and was also released on DVD. 11 total episodes, difference between the wb dramas and regular ones are the length of the shows, these were only about 10 minutes each but putting all the episodes together is like watching a movie. Recommend this for any Naoko fans but won't rate it due to missing some of the plot because of the lack of subs, also will have more of Naoko and a few more of these BeeTV web dramas coming up with many others actors, check the post below for many screenshots of Naoko from the show.

2 comments:

  1. hello! Wondering where you watched this because I cant find it anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think it's available anywhere these days. As far as I can recall got it at the old D-Addicts site but they no longer have dramas there but will keep my eyes open for it as I'd like to view it again and wish this post was much larger.

    ReplyDelete