Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Aya Ueto: Oshin movie promo event

 Oshin was originally a morning drama that aired 1983-84 and got some outstanding ratings, for it's 297 episodes it averaged a 52.6% rating which are the highest in Japanese history. There's going to be a new movie adaption of it and Aya will be one of the main stars in it playing Oshin's mother Fuji, here's what her comments were at the promo event for it and some pics of Aya at it.

Ueto commented, “I’m thankful to people who chose me over many actresses, but I feel pressured at the same time. I know there will be those that voice that it’s still too early for me to play the role, or I do not look like a mother, but Pinko-san gave me great advice: ‘It’ll be fine as long as you put your all into the role. I know you can do it.’ so I will play this role putting my all into it!” Izumi who played as Oshin’s mother in the previous TV drama, whom Ueto will be playing in the movie, said, “I’m glad that Aya-chan will be playing the role. I’m sure it will be a great movie if we work hard.” The rookie child actress Hamada who was chosen among 2,500 people in audition, appeared in costume for the role, and said, “I will try my best in playing the role of Oshin,” while turning red in the cheeks.... from Mantan Web.



No comments:

Post a Comment