Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Friday, November 24, 2017

Akari Hayami: "Dead Stock" drama press conference pics and video





 Don't think Akari is extremely popular or at least not here but she's someone who I like immensely and had she been a bit busier in 2017 she would have made my top twenty list. Last week watched and reviewed her 2011 film 'Cheerfu11y" which was just a so-so movie but I thought Akari's performance was the best of anyone in the film. One high recommendation would be to watch her 2015 drama "Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles". Shame it was only four episodes as it was such a fun and quirky show, there was later a TV movie.


 Will leave it up to you to check it out but her Akari from Juice=Juice looks so much like this one, least face wise and as a matter of fact Akari is an old Idol as she was once a member of Momiro Clover but left in 2011 You're probably thinking this is an odd post to have and you could be right but should do more in this vein. It's a bit of a heads up post as I'll be recapping this series soon and may have the first two of them tomorrow.
 Korean dramas these days are so much better but their late night shows don't compare to the Japanese ones which are usually worth a watch. Have only viewed the first episode but it has the makings of a very god series and have to admit I was like this for one scene.


 Above is a short promo for the drama and at the 21 second mark is the moment which made me jump from my seat. Doubt if you will watching the video but when you're viewing the episode it's a different story. In the first show it happened at the 11:13 mark and I truly jumped, can't think of that ever happening before.







 Above are some promo pics for the series and here's a few spoiler screenshots from the first show which was filmed at the old TV Tokyo offices.






 This press conference took place on July 13, the drama began on the 21st and will have more info about it in the recaps. Naturally it aired on TY Tokyo and in 2016 they moved to a new office/studio building. The series was filmed at their old offices and the main storyline is of Akari who is an AD and a new assistant going through old videos at the office building.
 There's thousands of them but think the pair will always end up picking the one that has to deal with ghosts or curses. The scenes for outside the office were shot at real places where there were rumors of terrifying incidents, to me we need more horror dramas and this show has got off to an excellent start. Have plenty of pics here from the event and following them is the promo for the second episode which I haven't viewed yet.




















1 comment:

  1. Even if you tell me something's coming, no matter how much I try to not be a wuss...can't help but put every swear word under the sun into one sentence.

    ReplyDelete