Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Monday, November 20, 2017

Nao Kanzaki: 'Top Twenty Faves list for 2017' #17....?


 This may be the smallest post for my top twenty faves but there was no way I could exclude Manami though her position did drop after finishing tenth two years in a row. Was thinking about the list and in a loose way it's almost like how Nogi chooses their members. They have 46 gals yet only 17-20 are the Senbatsu members for a single but it's not saying that the others weren't deserving. Kind of the same here as though I have more than 46 faves just the best of the best for a year make the list and it's no knock on someone if they don't.


 But also got to thinking, not sure if it relates to this post, is that our likes/dislikes change over the years. This year's list will be so much different than last year's and the one from two years ago. Bet if I made a top whatever list back in 2012 about 75% or more would no longer be on it. Our big faves in music, films, dramas, actresses, Idols, etc should change over the years. Would be quite boring if you didn't change and were stuck in such a long time rut, so refreshing to hear new groups or watch different kinds of shows.
 Guess you could say those thoughts tie in a bit with this post as Manami is one of the few gals from five years ago who would have remained on my top faves list. Seems so many have slowly become too inactive, gotten married, their works have been flops or I've just grown tired of them. The list is for the current year and have to keep reminding myself of that, just because you were a huge fave of mine back in 2012 doesn't mean you still are. So except for a few exceptions the list are for my faves for this year and not all time, Manami would be close to #1 on that all time list.



 Sadly her Okinawan pal dropped off this year's list, perhaps after I've finished it up will have a recap post explaining why someone made or didn't make it. Haven't figured out the stats yet but bet the average age for my faves this year will be much higher than last year. Think that Manami may be the oldest one as she turned 31 back in June, last year she was the second oldest on the list. But seems there's more gals in the 26-30 year old range and think last year the average was 25.5 years old.




 Not as many happenings for Manami this year which was the main reason for her drop from tenth to seventeenth but she is the one woman who has a guaranteed spot on my list every year. Those above pics are all brand new and think they're for an upcoming spread, that top one one is out of this world. Manami used to have a blog but that hasn't been the case for a few years now, she also doesn't have a Twitter account.
 That's fine with me as I've said a few times wish so many people weren't so addicted to those social media site, this is the only one I do and wouldn't call it a social site. Manami does have an Instagrammer account and has had it for over a year. She seems to update often enough and these pics are from it with all of them being new for here, too many A+ pics to pick out a winner.















 Manami has close to two hundred posts as I keep up with her activities, that's one reason they're aren't too many new things to share. So will end off with kind of a greatest hits selection of pics which many have seen before but how can you ever get tired of viewing them?
















No comments:

Post a Comment