Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Nao Kanzaki: A hiatus? Retirement? Slowdown.....


 Not a retirement or at least not yet but a slowdown is what's definitely coming up. Don't know how many visitors have been long time bloggers but after so many years of doing this one just have grown so tired of posting. If you are one of those long time bloggers then you know what I'm talking about. Not tired of everything but seems so many of my mega faves over the years have drifted away, they're mainly Idols and the new batch of them these days don't impress me too much save for a few who I do post often about and will continue to do so.
 So Nogi fans have nothing to worry about, will still have many posts for them coming up or at least as long as my fave first generation members are still around. Knew back at the end of 2016 that I'd be losing interest in Idols though it took longer than I thought, there are some newer ones who kept me interested but there haven't been enough of them. In the second half of 2016 is when C-ute announced their disbandment, they've always been #1 in my book and no group stepped up to take their place, not even Nogi whose songs have gone downhill the last three years. Plus my top two Idols at the time were this pair, they're both still active but not nearly as much as they used to be,





 Didn't help matters when in mid 2017 my #3 Idol also announced her graduation....



.... however it wasn't only a hat trick as my #4 current Idol at the time also had a graduation in 2017 which may have hit me the hardest.





 So the bottom line is will be taking a short break, have already been on one for two days but will be back on Monday or Tuesday with some new posts. It's also been one of the most quiet stretches I've seen for a while so really there's been nothing that anyone will have missed. But I'm also not going to be doing nearly as many posts and there's a good reason for that as I've started a new blog which of course is going to take a lot of work at first.
 When I began this blog it was mainly for Japanese actresses, dramas and films, over the years it's drifted away from that which has left me a bit disappointed. These days most viewers come for Idol or gravure model posts and there's really nothing wrong with that as I wouldn't be doing them if I didn't enjoy it. So the new blog is 100% devoted to actresses, films and dramas though will have some Idol dramas there as well. Thought separating the two genres would rejuvenate me and think it's already started.


 On the bright side you won't be seeing any more drama posts save for Idol ones but then again there won't be any actress posts such as ones for the pair above. The new blog is on the right hand side under the 'Blogs I Follow' tag, would appreciate any comments, suggestions or drama recommendations in the future.
 There won't be any new posts there for about five days as I'm transferring many of the drama and actress posts over. What's going to be real nice is that all of the recaps are now in order from the first to last episode which should make following a drama 100% easier, I'm really looking forward to a new challenge. Know it'll be a while until it becomes popular but that's what happened here, I never thought in a thousand years I'd be knocking at the door of Ten Million Views!
 So it's not really a depressing post but don't like to leave viewers wondering where are the posts or what's going on. So if you're a drama fan please visit the new site, think it's already looking good as there are a lot of posts already transferred over but will only end up doing about 200 or so to start off with, then hopefully by next weekend will start with brand new happenings for my fave actresses and it includes Korean ones too.


 There are a few Idol things I'm looking forward to, next weekend is a 'Girls Awards' show so expect some posts for many Nogi and Keya members. But it's the new photobooks I'm really looking forward to, finally the above gal has one coming out next month and that above could be the pic of the year. Also this huge fave of mine will be having a PB, to me she's been deserving of one for at least five years and think July is when it's coming out.



 Last tidbit here, hope I didn't come off sounding overly dour as it wasn't the intention. In a very pleasant surprise it was announced a few days ago that a seventh Keya member would be having a PB, it'll be coming out at the end of June. Akane is the lucky gal or should I say we're the lucky ones as to me she's the current most underrated hottest Idol around. There's a Twitter page set up for the book and will end off with some pics from it, that top one rates an A++++!








2 comments:

  1. As someone who has been down this road, I completely understand. I'm looking forward to your new sister blog, as our top actresses have some overlap both in Japan and Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew someone like you know what I'm going through, have had you in mind during my extended disinterested period. Actually the new blog has been started though haven't had any new posts yet. Been transferring many posts over and putting the recaps in a row to make for an easy read, doing that for actresses too to follow their activities. Kink for it is on the right.
    '3 Nen A Gumi' will probably be my first set of new recaps though it also could be the Korean series "Hot and Sweet", looked like a cheesy drama and haven't viewed enough of them recently. Unsure about "Item", haven't read any episode recaps though there are very few, most viewers have seemed to pan the show.

    ReplyDelete