Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Mizuki Fukumura: Talk about an overdue post yet....

 


 .... there wasn't much I could do about, believe me when I say there aren't many others who I'd rather do a post for. If you've been visiting here for a few years then you know I have many huge faves, then there's a level for my mega faves which may only total a dozen at most. Mizuki would be part of that dozen and she's one of my all time J-Pop Idols and would be in the running for the #1 spot if I ever do a list of my 'Top Twenty Hottest Idols of All Time'. So if you're also a fan 2021 was such a disappointment yet the year started out so promising. Had two early posts which were among the best of the year, then in April and May Mizuki had a pair of tremendous H!P Digital photobooks. And then.... ZERO(!) until December, when I say zero it means no mag spreads, events, modeling pics, Morning Musume singles, etc. So what happened in that seven months is a mystery and even though this is her first post in eight months there's not as many things as you would expect.



 Gulp, at times I can ramble on but there are some pics that can truly leave me speechless!!!! So in that stretch Mizuki turned 25 on October 30th and it's so rare to see an active Hello Project member hit that mark of 25. Think the oldest member in a H!P group was 28 and I'd love to see Mizuki break that mark but then again if it does happen really hope she becomes much busier. But it's not her fault as I think this health crisis has affected Hello Project activities much more than 46/48 groups as they're much closer to their fans. On another note what I want to see are more Hello Project dramas, I've viewed many of them and all have been so entertaining but its been five years since the last series.



 On December 8th Morning Musume released their 70th single, while I prefer their singles from 1998-2003 they've never had bad one to date and I do recommend all of their songs. Title of #70 is "Teenage Solution" which sold over 120,000 copies in it's first week and their sales have risen a bit over the last five years. Have the link to the English subbed PV of the song, few promo cards here along with four of the covers: Teenage Solution PV








 One thing Mizuki doesn't do a lot of is post solo pica at her Instagram page, these are recent ones but I miss the days when members of all groups used to have posts on their blogs.











 
 Here's another mega fave who is overdue for a post but once again not much I can do about it....




 I've heard about lack of promoting but this one takes the cake though it's not a celebration one. On January 2nd Mizuki released her seventh photobook "Glance" and didn't know that until two days after the fact! There was virtually no promoting of the book such as there were zero mag spreads(!), no Twitter or Blog page and just a handful of promo pics which are these.







 Don't check on Mizuki's activities every day but often enough so if I miss something like a photobook coming out you know tat H!P management blew promoting the book badly. But it's not the first time it's happened with a member and probably not the last either which is why their photobooks aren't huge sellers. But there was a mini event held for the book which was also streamed live, in a nice twist on Christmas Day Mizuki held another streamed event where winners got an autographed book and could there be a better X-Mas present(?).... well, perhaps if she came came down my chimney....









 Found it so odd that there were zero mag spreads to promote the photobook as she probably had fifty spreads from 2015-20. What's really surprising it that there was no mag spread for Young Gangan as Mizuki has been in that mag at least twenty times plus has been their cover girl over ten times. So because there's no new sets let's go back exactly ten months for this set from the March 19th issue of Young Gangan which may have been my #1 spread for 2021.





















 Least one good thing about Hello Project photobooks is that often they include a DVD of the photo shoot, wish '46' groups also had them. The "Glance" book has a thirty minute video which is much shorter than most others but it was Mizuki's best video in a long time or since her last book! The photo shoot took place in Eshima and have plenty of super duper pics from the DVD, after them is a promo video which I highly recommend and it looks to me as though she's lost some weight.








































No comments:

Post a Comment