Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Miyuki Watanabe.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2024

I☆Ris: The endearing first semi mini post for.... Yu Serizawa!!!!

 


 Thanks to all you long time viewers who have stuck with this blog as I realize 2024 is going to end up being the worst year since I began this in 2011. Worst as far as the quantity of posts go, least one positive to me is that quality wise the posts are better than ever and hope that's not a biased opinion. Sure every blog that has been around for a while goes through some sort of 'Changing of the guards' phases and that's been happening for way too long of a time. It's okay to introduce some new women but when one departs there hasn't been enough of those newbies to replace them. Not much one can do about that and though it's frustrating for me and you viewers that's sadly the way the cookies have been crumbling. Oh well, every now and again it is nice to put some of these thoughts into words and hopefully I☆Ris is a group who I can do many posts for though don't hold your breath....



 I☆Ris is a voice acting troupe and also a J-Pop group, did a post for them ten days ago where I had much info and said I would try to do at least one solo post for all five members plus will have a few more for the group. All five members are 27+ in age so am so shocked I never checked them out sooner as they are older and have been around for over a decade. Yu is the member who I had been noticing and was prepared to have a few posts for her. But then I checked out I☆Ris a bit closer and these are the kind of women who do keep me interested in J-Pop and other things. Won't be easy to do posts on a consistent basis but will try to do as nay as possible but don't think many will be that large.

 Yu is one of those woman who is hard to tell what her age is. It's 28 and she will be turning a year older in December, her height is 163 cm and she hails from Tokyo. Like the other I☆Ris members and also other voice acting groups I post about Yu is just so busy and it'd be impossible to list how many projects she's done the voice on. Not just animes but games, theme songs, commercials, the list is endless! So think Yu will be the member who ends up with the most posts but that doesn't mean she'll be having many of them. Not will they be huge as this post just has two sections of photos but trying to increase the post level a bit after a week off though those two sections do have fifty pics.



 That super duper pic right above is a promo one for Yu's fourth solo single "Jungle Fire" which came out last October, she also has two mini albums and a regular sized one. On to the two sections of pics and that first I☆Ris featured a massive group magazine spread from the May issue of Young Dragon Age, it was so large it could have been considered a photobook. In the June issue of that magazine Yu had her own solo spread and it was to promote a new digital book for them. 















 It doesn't bother me in the least but the posts for members from groups such as I☆Ris are only so-so popular because there's seldom any gravure photos. That's fine by me as Yu looks pretty darn good in this new digital book for  the Young Dragon Age magazine which contains 38 pics. Well, not brand new as it came out on May 9th. There are three mini videos on YT from the photo shoot, one is after the pics and to me Yu looks so tremendous!!!! There's two other videos and I do recommend those also.









































No comments:

Post a Comment