Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Nao's second.... Zodiac post(?)!!!!.... the 'Aquarius-ites'(?)....





 One of today's honorees has a new single that was released on December 15th. As you can deduce it's Saki and it's her first one since C-ute disbanded. Didn't think she was going to have a singing career, probably not full time but a few new songs from her here and there would be a good thing. Title of the single in English is "A Town I Can Return To", above is a live version that took place on the December 17th at the Cotton Club.
 Don't know how this series will work out but said I was going to start on it so may as well. Didn't plan anything out so perhaps future posts in this vein will turn out better but think this one is a good start. There's eleven of my bigger faves that celebrate a b-day between January 20th and February 18th, sign for that period is Aquarius. Was going to do this at the beginning of the week but needed to hold on to try to think of some older faves who I rarely post about these days. Actually this series could help me as I've forgotten about many of them who I could do a few posts for.


 Erika Ikuta.... January 22, 1997

 Erika turned 21 three days ago and to be honest forgot all about it. Sure many viewers have noticed a big lack of Nogi posts recently and I've kind of become very tired of them. Not the members but the group itself, I haven't heard a truly fabulous single from them for a while and their variety shows these days just put me to sleep. However will be doing some member posts for a few of my bigger faves in the group, will also be recapping Nanase's new drama and the first post(s) for the show could be this weekend.



 Mai Shinuchi.... January 22, 1992

 Another birthday I overlooked and it's odd how Nogi had the first two Aquarius celebrants. There's been one recent mag spread for Mai but not much else but she's one member who I really like to post about, she's also the oldest gal in Nogi.






 Saki Nakajima.... February 5, 1994

 For a few of these big faves there just won't be too much to talk about as so many have had close to or over a hundred posts and Saki is one of them. Did just have a post about her two weeks at a promo event for Goto Islands plus there's the new single at the top of the post. For those who have forgotten Saki was my #1 fave for 2016 and she'd be right near the top for my all time fave Idols.





Maimi Yajima.... February 7, 1992

Didn't plan it this way as I'm going in order of their birthdays but we've started off with a pair of back to backs from the same group. Like the above mega fave there's really nothing more to add in about Maimi who I would say is my #1 Idol at the present moment and the competition for that position is quite a battle. She is starting a play in February plus there's been a few other smaller happenings so will work on a solo post soon and will be saying that about many of today's gals.





Kazumi Takayama..... February 8, 1994

There are more than C-ute and Nogi members on this list, this will be the last of them. Kazumi has finished second two years in a row on my 'Top Ten Fave Nogi Member' list but don't know if she has what it takes to take the top spot. Then again don't know why not but she's been too darn quiet lately, after seeing quite a bit of her in October and November seems she's been on an extended vacation.




 Yui Ichikawa.... February 10, 1986

 The oldest person to make this first list and Yui has been a mega fave of mine since day one of following the Japanese scene. Like all good things her career has almost come to an end as she got hitched late in 2015, about a year later she had her first son so we've heard very little of her these past few years. But Yui was one who could do it all, she was a J-Popper plus I think a decent actress and also one of the most popular gravure Idols from the past fifteen years.






 Rina Kawaei.... February 12, 1995

 The third youngest woman to make this list and had forgotten about Rina until last weekend when I did a post for her at a movie premiere. Really need to do more posts for her and think I can, been down on AKB for some years now but there have been some members who I've really enjoyed and Rina is right near the top of that list. First pic is in my all time top ten, whewwwwwww....






Kasumi Arimura.... February 13, 1993

No more Idols for the rest of the list and next is one of my top current actresses. Kasumi has been ultra busy for the past five years and her popularity has really skyrocketed during that span. She's been a tad quiet since October except for two events but Kasumi does deserve a break as she was so busy in 2017 with an asadora and four films, she's currently filming her next eiga "Kazoku Iro".






 Mayu Matsuoka.... February 16, 1995

 Two more to go after this and Mayu I would say is my second current fave actress. She's really become so popular around here as that mega post she had about five weeks ago has been the most viewed one of the past month. No dramas are scheduled yet for 2018 but Mayu does have a film coming out on February 3rd titled "Blank 13".






Ikumi Hisamatsu.... February 18, 1996

 Last two also share a b-day, for those curious one day has three of my faves celebrating turning a year older and that's July 27th. Ikumi is the youngest gal to make the list but she's had so many posts the past three years, she's also someone who is extremely popular around here.





 Kang So-Ra.... February 18, 1990

 Final fave is the only Korean actress for this period of time but there should be at least two for all of the other Zodiac signs. Always been under the impression So-Ra isn't among the most popular of actresses in Korea but I really like her plus there's no denying how jaw-dropping she can be at times. After the pics check out a must watch short video of So-Ra for CJ/Parah.






1 comment:

  1. Pretty accurate there with Gemini, especially with 'Likes games'. I got many talents. I can do a blindfolded 360 headshot with a DDR mat as a controller while eating an apple in COD...then shove the apple into a pen whilst holding a pineapple with a pen shoved in and shoving both the apple and the pineapple together at the moment the headshot is done...

    ReplyDelete