Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Nao Kanzaki: A heads up about a p̶o̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ definite crisis....

 


 This will be a mini quickie post and just wanted to alert you faithful viewers about an event that will be coming up and when is the question. Two weeks ago celebrated the seventh anniversary of the laptop I'm using, did buy it used so it could be close to ten years old. In that time the only things I've done is to upgrade to Windows 10 and get a new keyboard so would say I've gotten my money's worth out of it, especially seeing as most laptops only last for five or so years. But have to say for the last month the speed has really slowed down immensely but am still able to do everything I as usual but at a slower speed.
 
 However today it's crashed twice and was able to revive it both times but know it's just a matter of time until it's death will be permanent! So will do a regular post after this plus should be able to do another tomorrow and who knows, maybe I can still keep this alive for a few more weeks or so but wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. Least I have one supporter but sadly she won't have one of those two posts....



 .... sigh, but there's no pleasing everyone! So this post is to let you know what's going on and when not to panic. It's really not a case of when this laptop will die but when so won't be able to give anyone a warning about it. Often will take a day off here and there, that will be the case on Monday. But when you see no posts for 2+ days then you'll know this laptop is having it's funeral and it may be close to a week before I return. Don't want to see anyone panic and not come back here when you see the posts suddenly stopped so wanted to give a heads up if I go AWOL for a while. Will go down to my local shop where I got this laptop seven years ago and order another one sometime late next week. So if I can be lucky just for another two weeks this post may prove to be meaningless which I pray happens!

EDIT: Was thinking about how much we're all so dependent on computers and other hi-tech gadgets, a week without a laptop may be tough but don't think it would bother me all that much.



 Don't know if anyone picked up on it but the women so far in this post were my top four faves for 2022. Actually about doing a post for tomorrow is up in the air as I really don't have all that much for anyone, am trying to have one for the above perfect woman Nene! There is a post I could do and it's one everyone here will love to no end! It'd be for Haruka's second photobook and below are some photos from it. The problem is that the pics are too steamy and that's never happened before. There are many see through photos in the book and have to admit they'll get your blood boiling! However wouldn't post them as I don't want to get a warning from Blogger or have the post deleted. Let me mull it over for another day and perhaps it'd be the perfect first post when I start using a new laptop.











2 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered installing Linux on your old PC? (nowadays several "distros" are as close as possible to Windows, making the transition very easy - for example Linux Mint, Ubuntu/Kubuntu...) I did that already on a coupla old machines (friends, relatives) and they were basically revived! Often people are tempted to throw away PCs because they think they're at their end, but it's actually the OS fault for slowing them down, and installing Linux will make a whole lot of difference...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips and Linux is something I never thought as I know so little about it. But I bought this used seven years ago so perhaps by now it's been in use for ten years and how long can a laptop last? But even if I get a new laptop will still be keeping this for as long as it lasts and use it for other things.

    ReplyDelete