Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Nao Kanzaki: 'Top Twenty Faves for 2019'- the August edition part one, positions twenty to eleven


 Thought I'd do two posts this time so I could explain the rules a bit better and talk about the faves who currently make up my top top twenty. But there's a couple of changes since the first post, most positions stayed about the same but have dropped two faves from the list. One is above who is Yua who was 12th on my first list and really thought she'd end up in the top ten. Three weeks ago she announced that she would be getting married on September 10th, think that was the date.
 I do have a rule where I don't do posts for faves who get married, just kind of feel strange about posting about them though may have posts for older photobooks or such. So that means no more posts for Yua and thus have made her ineligible for the this year's list, least when the announcement was made she said she wasn't pregnant and there have been too many shotgun marriages.
 The second person who I've made ineligible is Nanase but at least it's for a good reason. Didn't have a list last year as instead there was one for my all time top twenty faves, was so burned out from doing that passed on the yearly list. But had there been one Nanase would have been #1 by a huge margin and do feel bad about her not being able to have that honor. So have declared her my number one for 2018 and she's now the eighth(?) fave to make my 'Hall of Fame'.



 The rules are simple for the list, you just need six solo posts between last December 1st and November 15th, think I'll begin the countdown a week after that date. Figure if you can't average a post every other month you don't deserve to be on the list, have to remember it's not an all time list but who my biggest faves were during that time period. The other rule is that you have to be 21 to be eligible and I've increased my age limits since the beginning of 2018 from 18 to 21.
 On to the first ten but actually mean nine. That's because I don't have anyone for the 20th spot yet and who knows if it'll ever happen? To me just because you meet the requirements doesn't mean you're one of my top twenty gals for the year as is the case for these two who I both like quite a bit but to me neither is really a top twenty person in my eyes.




 Do like both of them quite a bit but just don't think either is one of my top twenty gals for this year, some that are just haven't become eligible yet. Kind of hard for most to believe that Rena isn't one of my fave gals as I do so many posts for her and she truly is someone I like quite a bit but there's that something I can't quite put my finger on which has never made her a huge fave, perhaps because she's so scrawny? When all is said and done though if a 20th gal is needed can see her filling that spot.

#19  Kazusa Okuymama, previous position 19th

 No change from the first list and Kazusa is someone who I'm really into and she just may have made the top ten last year had I done one. But she's become a bit one dimensional this year which is why she's moved down as it seems her only activity lately has been doing gravure spreads. Really can't complain about that as she does look superb in them.




 #18   Tomi, 15th on the first list

 This position or more accurately person could be a problem. You have to be 21 to be eligible for the list and Tomi won't hit that age until February. I introduced her after she hit that age and she's become a huge fave of mine and so many viewers. Really would rather not make any exceptions to the list for age or amount of posts but I really do like her and have three months to mull things over.





 #17   Miru Shiroma, 18th on the last list

 Miru moved up one spot but can't see her moving up much further than that. To me she could be the hottest current Idol along with the person at #16. Usually Idols don't do so well on my lists, out of the 19 faves named in these two posts just five are Idols as I do prefer more all around gals.





 #16   Mina Oba, not on the first list

 Could say that there's almost a tie for the 16th spot but gave it to Mina as she's much older plus she's one of my long time faves. To me she's the most underrated hottest Idol ever but think viewers have finally noticed her as her last two posts both reached the top ten for most viewed posts. The one problem though is that she needs two more posts to qualify which is easier said then done.





 #15    Park Min-Young, 13th on the last list

 Actually thought Min-Young would drop more than two spots and just may if she remains inactive. Have only done one post for her since May but Korean actresses tend to be much busier in the Autumn and she's rarely taken such a long break so if things go back to normal can see her moving up but don't think the top ten is possible but who knows.





 #14   Hinako Sakurai, 16th on the previous list

 Now here's someone I like so, so much though notice you viewers don't as she's one of the more unpopular actresses I enjoy posting about. Hinako has moved up two positions in a month and with a pair of films coming out soon wouldn't doubt if she moved up a few more spots for the final list. To me there's no cuter gal in the world than she is.




 #13   Mai Shiraishi, 17th on the last list

 Mai had the biggest jump for any fave as she moved up four positions and really can't give a reason why that happened. For so long have kind of taken her for granted as you just always expect terrific things from her and she's never disappointed but has a bit recently with all of her inactivity. She's just one of two women who were also on my 'All Time Top Twenty Faves' list where she finished 15th.





 #12   Miona Hori, 14th on the previous list

 Just two Nogi members made the top twenty but there would be another one though she has zero chance for six solo posts. I've been such a fan of Miona's over the years but can't say she's a huge fave of other Nogi fans here. Her last post has now made the top ten for most viewed ones but that hasn't happened all that often for her which is a mystery.





 #11   Mio Imada, 11th on the first list

 Final position for this post and noticed I must be into gals whose name begins with M as that's the case of six of the nine faves mentioned here. The competition is very tough this year as in the past someone like Mio would have been in the top ten easily. She still could make it and actually think she will as I'm liking her so much more by the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment