Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Nao Kanzaki: 'Top Twenty Faves for 2019'- the July edition....



 Here's a new feature which I'll be doing on the last day of the month for the next four months or to the end of October. You're probably thinking that this isn't the last day of July which is true but for now am planning on taking tomorrow off from posting. July has been the busiest month of the year so far with posts and want a mild breather. Also want to concentrate on finishing up viewing the 'Secretary' drama and to begin writing up the final four recaps so it really isn't a day off.
 What this mini list and series is about is naming my top faves of the year up until that point, hence these are my top faves for 2019 up until now. Will update this list every month and sure there will be some changes to it, ones dropping off while others take their places. Think it will help me with the end of the year list which I'll start towards the end of November.
 Every year I tend to forget about a big fave of mine and can't understand how that happens, it shouldn't with this mini series which will have a total of four posts. At the top is Saki who is a record setting gal as she's the only person to top two of my lists. She was number one on 2016's top twenty list, for last year's 'All Time Top Twenty Faves' list she was also #1 which means she's my fave Japanese woman of all time. Don't know if many agreed with that selection but I've had zero second thoughts about that choice. The other two women to top the list was this pair, top was number one for 2015 while the other took 2017's top spot. There was no list last year because of that all time list but have a good idea who would have been on it had it was done.




 Hope I don't need to tell you their names, bet most viewers have been coming here long enough so they should easily know them. In the past the only requirement to make a list was the woman had to be at least twenty years old but have kind of toughened the rules up a bit. Now the age limit will be 21 and am really thinking of doing that for all posts but would 'grandfather' anyone who I've been posting about for a while which would only be two.
 As far as the new age rule goes don't think it will affect one person, there is one gal who I post about often that is twenty but she'll be turning 21 in three weeks. Just thought as I'm getting older so shouldn't the gals I post about it, at one time the requirement was eighteen and wish more blogs/sites would also have age limits too. The other thing to make the list is that you need at least six posts over an 11 1/2 month period, from December 1st to mid-November. Figure if you're such a big fave of mine then I would be posting about you often, really not too hard to have a post every other month.
 For today's list the nineteen gals have already made the six post requirement or are very close to it, they should easily make it by mid-November. Once again you may be wondering about something I've said, the list will have twenty women so why are there nineteen for today? That's because there's an absolute huge fave who may not make the list. She's had three posts this year but have a feeling it'll be tough doing three more. But I do like Ayako so much will be doing whatever I can do have three posts for her and can easily see her in the top ten or perhaps top five if that happens.



 So let's get to my current top twenty list, we'll include the above as #20 for now. Will break it down into two sections, first off will have positions nineteen to eleven and all will have two pics. Figure if there were 38 pics in a row it'd he too hard to follow, would think of anyone in this first batch number twelve has the best shot as ending up in the top ten. Won't name who the gals are and let's see how good you are with knowing my faves....










 Though there wasn't a list last year have a fairly good idea who the twenty women would have been. About ten are on this preliminary list, number one on last year's list would be the person currently in the eighth spot. Would have had four Korean actresses on last year's list, so far only three have qualified and what a slow period it has been lately for my faves from Korea.
 Any comments would be appreciated, such as who your faves are as it might jog my memory on anyone I may have overlooked. Number one has held that position since February, an referring to Risa who once appeared untouchable. But the gap has closed and honestly would like to see the gal in the third spot take the honors this year. That's Tsubasa who is the only person to make all of my four previous lists and will easily make this year's list too for a fifth appearance.
 Forgot to add in that once you have finished in the top two you're ineligible for any more year end lists and have moved on to 'Nao's Hall of Fame'. There's currently just nine members, once this year's list is done will have a post(s) featuring all of them. The way the current breakdown is this list features four Idols and one ex gal from Nogi. There's two each of announcers and gravure models which means the remainder are actresses and/or models.











No comments:

Post a Comment