Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Megumi: Her searing and historical "GEM" photobook scans

 


 Hope that title didn't make too many viewers jump out of their seat! If so hope it's because you're leaping for joy, if not don't call the psych ward quite yet on Nao!!!! There is a story or perhaps a few to tell about this post, one is that I just began watching the "Informa" drama that started two weeks ago. Was going to have two posts for it today but decided to hold off on that for a few more days so there will be a shorter gap between recaps. Through two shows it's been a very decent suspense show and the biggest surprise in it is who is playing the editor of a weekly tabloid. That's Megumi and she's someone I've forgotten about over the years but when I first started getting into Japanese dramas, J-Pop, Idols, models and such fifteen year ago she was one of by biggest faves at the time.

 So that means Megumi is getting up there in age, she turned 41 four months ago so she's older than I am and bet most viewers too but she still looks so ultra alluring to me! First drama I saw her in was "Pride" that aired in 2004, I was smitten right off the bat! Have seen Megumi in many other dramas but not enough of them and don't think any actress has appeared in as many dramas as she has the last decade. So when I decided to hold off on doing those "Informa" recaps for a few days thought what other post(s) should I have today, you can see my decision and it was the correct one! As much as I like modern gravure models and Idols kind of prefer the ones from 15-20 years ago, Megumi still looks much better than most women twenty years younger than she is!



 Do have one more Megumi book so if this one proves to be popular then will post that too. Megumi did get married in 2008 so that's one reason I hadn't been following her as much, besides being an actress and gravure model she also was a singer who had two albums and three singles back in the 2000's. Enough reminiscing about the past but it's posts like this which I enjoy doing so much and sadly they're far and few between. Megumi has three photobooks, this was her first which was released in October 2001 just after her 20th birthday. Photobooks are so much different these days, so aren't magazines. Back in the 2000s books were much smaller, these days they often have 125+ pages but back then seventy or so was the norm. The photos are smaller too but that's no big deal, there's a total of 71 pics in this book and hopefully a few also remember who Megumi is.






































































No comments:

Post a Comment