Welcome to my humble site....

Hajimemashite minna san....welcome to my site on my fave Japanese Pop Culture likes such as dramas, movies, magazine scans, promo events etc. Mainly concentrate on my faves...Risa Watanabe... Kyoko Saito... Yui Kobayashi....Nana Owada.... Nene Shida.... if you're a fan at all of any of them then you've come to the right place(!) but many others are featured here besides them. Do mainly quick reviews on things I've watched, try to make the reviews brief, quick to read through with not too many spoilers, just whether they're good or bad and why I thought so plus whether you may find them enjoyable. Many, many screenshots are included from everything I've watched plus any video trailers if they're available. Hope you find something that interests you, don't hesitate to comment, arigato gozaimasu!

Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2018

Nao Kanzaki: Nao's 'Top Twenty of All Time Faves' list.... #8!!!!





 This won't be the smallest post as there are many pics but except for #12 it has the least amount of pics never posted before. This year has been a tad busy for Masami as she has been in a drama and a few films but it still seems as though she's disappeared. Except for appearing at a few premieres Masami hasn't been at any events which is a shame as she usually outshines most women at them. Also she hasn't been in any mags for at least six months or the last time I did a post for her which was in March, this may only be her third one of the year.
 For my first 'top faves of the year' list back in 2015 Masami topped the list and up until then she would have been my second fave Japanese women of all time. But since then she's kept such a low profile, wonder if being in her thirties has anything to do with that? I've seen in twelve(!) dramas and thirteen movies, that's 25 things in all and wonder if I've seen Masami in more things than anyone else? Lot of people out there think she's just a so-so actress at best but I disagree as she's been one of  my faves for a long time.


 However I haven't seen Masami in anything since 2013, she's appeared in a fair amount of dramas and films since then but none of them save for one have really sparked my interest. May be hard to understand but have lost a bit of interest in Masami, though I like her as an actress too many of the things I've seen her in have been fair at best. Most people may feel "Dragon Zakura" is the best drama she's been in but to me the two must watches are "Boku no Imoto" from 2009 and especially "Bunshin" from 2012 which only was a five episode show.
 Let's get on to the pics and such and as mentioned there's hardly anything new for today. Masami has around 230 posts so almost everything that could have been posted for her has been, she's someone I can't go back to find older things that haven't been seen here before. At the top is the trailer for her next film "Masquerade Hotel" which is coming out in January. Sure it'll be a major hit and the main reason for that is the male co-star who I'm sure you all know very well, that'll be one film from her that I will be checking out.... in about a year.


 Masami's last film was "50 First Kisses which was released on June 1st. There were a few premieres for the film but the pics today are for one that took place on June 3rd at the TOHO Cinemas in Shinjuku, it was her 31st birthday and they had a mini celebration at the event.












 These days Masami dresses a bit too conservative at events but up until 2015 she was always the main attraction at any kind of event. My fave set of pics of Masami are from the 'Golden Horse Film Festival' which took place in November 2012, the festival is held in Taiwan. Certainly jaw-dropping pics and the only event pics that beat these are ones in #14's post.









 To prove my point about how breathtaking Masami can look at events here are a few others from 2012-15 and there's many others that she appeared at that are worth checking out.




















 Of course Masami still looks like a trillion yen these days but wish she would let her hair grow back to the length it once was. Shame there weren't more new pics but perhaps there's many viewers out there who had never seen any of these before and hopefully she's gained a few fans. As usual will end off with some 'greatest hits' pics and I've always enjoyed the variety of Masami's pics over the years. Sometimes she's just o sexy, other times conservative or more mature while times just too alluring to believe and all of these pics have her longer hair style which suits her so much better. One of my fave videos of her is from her 2012 IQueen photo shoot, you can view it after these pics.
























2 comments:

  1. That's so true but as mentioned have lost a bit of interest in Masami the last three years but obviously still do like her a lot. She's still very active but somehow manages to fly under the radar plus I wish she would let her hair grow out again as she's looked a bit blah since June 2017. Except for Erika seems my long time faves when they hit or come close to the age of thirty have really slowed down their activities. That's a shame as all are still fine actresses and much better looking than ones ten years younger than they are.

    ReplyDelete